Friday 16 March 2012

FYP Week 8 - Omron HEM-7111 (Motor and cuff selection)


Hi,

A very good morning to everyone.... I'm so bored so I decided to update my blog. Yeayyyy blogging time! Okay let's see what to jot down this time...

Hmmm...Recently, I just bought myself an Omron Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor click here for the Omron HEM- 7111 specifications and please refer Figure 1 for the image of the BP set.


Figure 1: Omron Automatic BP Monitor HEM-7111

From my previous post, I've written on the PCB layout for Blood Pressure circuit. So today, I am doing something related to the previous post. I am going to crack open this BP monitor set. Let's see what inside! Refer Figure 2 to see whats in it!

 Figure 2: Take off the cover of the BP set

As you can see in Figure 2, after I take off the cover of the BP set we can clearly see that there are circuits jumble up in the BP box set and it looks messy. So let's look at Figure 3, where I took everything out for a clearer view of the components and circuit. It looks much better after everything is taken out and was arrange nicely.

So, here in Figure 3, we can see the LED screen, the main microcontroller and sensor board (green colour PCB board), the motor set (consist of the tubings, DC motor and solenoid valve), on and off switch button, battery holder and finally the BP box set itself.

Figure 3: Take off everything in the BP set

Now, from Figure 4, we can see the connection between the DC motor, solenoid valve and the tubings for the motor set part only. I put the other stuffs aside as I am not going to use it. The reason I bought the automatic BP set is actually because I need the motor set with all the tubings, the arm cuff and the solenoid valve. 

 Figure 4: DC motor, solenoid valve and other tubing used in the BP set

So now, I will be using this motor set and will try to connect this motor set to a PIC16F877A microcontroller in order to control the BP circuit (Figure 6). Later on, I am thinking of adding another small circuit to the microcontroller board. A relay switch circuit seems reasonable to be use to control the motor, but it is not finalise yet, so I'm still thinking about it whether to use it or not.  :)

As you can see in Figure 5, this is an arm cuff which is normally use together with the BP monitor set. It is use for the Non- Invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP) measurement method. This arm cuff will be connected to the pressure sensor driving circuit. 


Figure 5: Arm cuff (NIBP measurement)

The issue now is that, the sensor that comes together with the automatic BP monitor set (Figure 2) is not suitable to be connected with my new BP circuit (Figure 6). So, I have to find another pressure sensor as replacement. 

 Figure 6: The BP circuit schematic

So that is all for today I guess! Keep in touch and enjoy my entry. Don't forget to follow my blog......peace everyone ('.' )v

Adios peeps...   :)     :p


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
jArGoNs UsEd:

non-invasive: when no break in the skin is created and there is no contact with the mucosa, or skin break, or internal body cavity beyond a natural or artificial body orifice. 

invasive procedure: is one which penetrates or breaks the skin or enters a body cavity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE of the day...!!!

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  ~Theodore Roosevelt

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^




Regards,


Idriah Safriza :)
/* CUTE CURSOR */ Waving Onion Kun /* ticker */